Free Shipping Worldwide
To prevent the leather from drying out, cracking, or fading unevenly, try to keep it away from direct heat and sunlight for extended periods of time. When the leather feels dry, treat it with a leather conditioner made for vegetable-tanned leather. Test the conditioner on an invisible surface first.
Leather conditioner or cream moisturizes the material so that it doesn’t dry out and crack. This won’t make your leather belongings “shine,” but it will protect them. Note that in most cases conditioners don’t waterproof your leather. Leather conditioners are lotion-like and are to be gently rubbed into the leather. The hide will soak up the conditioner, just like your skin would soak up a moisturizer.
It’s generally recommended, conditions every 6-12 months, try to let your bag or accessories completely dry out before re-applying.
When not in use, keep your leather belonging stored in a place that is dry and clean. Ideally, in the specially designed dust bag that came with it to help protect your bag and big accessories.
- Avoid cleaning products with alcohol, turpentine, or other mineral spirits as they will discolor and dry out leather.
- Never allow water to soak into your bag. If the bag gets wet, do not use a hairdryer on it.
- Instead, absorb as much water as possible with a thick microfiber hand towel and allow the bag to air dry calm and naturally. Then, condition it again and store it.
- Take extra special care of your bag at hair salons and keep it away from coloring solutions, hair sprays, and other hair products.
- Waxes or silicone products clog up leather pores and may render them unable to be cleaned
in the future.